Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
Who needs bread when you can use two slices of grilled eggplant to hold the melted cheese, tomato and basil? Delish and totally meat-free and gluten free!
More From Coastal Living
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil. Divide mozzarella, tomato, and basil among 4 eggplant slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with remaining 4 eggplant slices.
- 2. Place eggplant sandwiches and lemon halves on greased grill rack. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and eggplant is cooked through. Serve immediately with grilled lemon halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note