Grilled Eggplant Sandwich W/Olive and Sun-Dried-Tomato Tapenade
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers, rinsed
- 8 slice(s) crusty whole-grain bread
- 1 medium eggplant (about 3/4 pound), ends trimmed, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 ounce(s) pitted kalamata olives, rinsed
- 4 ounce(s) sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped (not oil packed)
- 1. To make the tapenade, in a food processor or blender, combine the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Process to a chunky puree, scraping down the sides as needed. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 3. Spread the tapenade evenly over one side of each slice of bread. Set aside.
- 4. Place the eggplant slices on the grill and cook until golden brown and tender, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- 5. Divide the eggplant slices between four slices of bread, arranging the eggplant over the tapenade. Top the eggplant with tomato slices, then sprinkle with chopped basil.
- 6. Firmly press a second slice of bread on top of each to make sandwiches.
- 7. Lightly spray each side of the sandwiches with cooking spray. Grill the sandwiches until the filling is hot and the bread is browned and crisp. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note