Grilled Eggplant Salad with Walnuts
Photo: Martin Morrell
Terrific as a salad or a spread for flatbread, adzhapsandali is like a Georgian version of ratatouille. Grilling the eggplant gives the dish a luscious, smoky flavor.
More From Food & Wine
- 2 eggplants, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large jalapeño
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Grilled flatbread, for serving
- Light a grill. Brush the eggplant slices and the jalapeño all over with oil and season with salt. Grill the eggplant over moderate heat until nicely charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the eggplant to a work surface and let cool. Grill the jalapeño, turning, until charred and almost tender, about 4 minutes. Peel and seed the jalapeño, then finely chop it. Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, vinegar and garlic. Add the eggplant, jalapeño, tomatoes and onion, season with salt and toss. Garnish with the walnuts and serve with grilled flatbread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine