Grilled Eggplant Pitas with Chicken and Goat Cheese
Grilling one thinly sliced eggplant alongside your chicken will give you a side dish for dinner and the basis for this lunch later in the week.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed pita halves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 415
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 807mg
- Calcium: 125mg
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices eggplant
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced skinless, boneless Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced plum tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray. Place eggplant on grill rack or grill pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until eggplant is lightly browned.
- Fill each pita half with 1 eggplant slice, 1/3 cup of Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken, 2 tablespoons goat cheese, one-fourth of tomato, and 1 tablespoon basil. Wrap in foil or parchment paper; chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Eggplant Pitas with Chicken and Goat Cheese Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sandwiches