- 2 (1-pound) eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plain reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 2 cups arugula
- calories 311
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 12.7 g
- carbohydrate 50.6 g
- fiber 9.2 g
- cholesterol 1.7 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 697 mg
- calcium 117 mg
How to Make It
Place eggplant slices in a colander; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Toss well. Drain 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly; pat dry with paper towels.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, yogurt, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush eggplant and onion slices with oil. Place eggplant and onion slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Fill each pita half with 1 1/2 tablespoons yogurt mixture, one quarter of eggplant slices, one quarter of onion slices, and 1/4 cup arugula.