- 2 large bell peppers (red, orange, and/or yellow), rinsed, halved, stemmed, and seeded
- 2 medium zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 1 large eggplant, rinsed, ends trimmed, and thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- About 3/4 cup Moroccan marinade reserved from Flank Steak with Warm Moroccan Spices
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- calories 252
- caloriesfromfat 68 %
- protein 6 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 283 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Lay bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and onion on baking sheets. Brush both sides of vegetables with Moroccan marinade (reserve any remaining).
Lay vegetables on a well-oiled grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above grill level only 3 to 4 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook vegetables, turning once, until beginning to brown and just tender when pierced, 7 to 8 minutes for eggplant, 8 to 10 for onion and bell peppers, and 12 for zucchini. Transfer to a large cutting board as done.
Cut vegetables into 1-in. pieces and put in a bowl. Add pine nuts, mint, and any remaining marinade. Mix, adding more vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.