This was surprisingly good....I'm not a big eggplant fan, but with lots of yogurt sauce this was very tasty. Grilled zucchini might be even better! I made homemade naan and grilled on the BBQ. Served with grilled sweet potatoes (old CL recipe). It was very nice that hubby did most of the cooking on the BBQ!
Grilled Eggplant Naan Wraps with Tahini-Yogurt Dressing
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
You may want to make extra, because leftovers are fantastic for lunch the next day.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 445
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 899mg
- Cholesterol: 3.8mg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large eggplant (1 lb.), sliced into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces naan bread
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a small bowl, mix garlic, lemon juice, tahini, yogurt, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. Brush eggplant and tomatoes with oil. Grill, turning often, until softened and grill marks appear, about 6 minutes. Cut tomato wedges in half. Warm naan on grill.
- 3. Lay each naan on a plate and top with 1 1/2 cups spinach, a few slices eggplant, 4 tomato pieces, and a large spoonful of reserved yogurt mixture.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes