This is a wonderful, quick meal! I cooked the eggplant on an indoor grill, which came out sweet and tender. And the tahini-yogurt spread is light and fresh. Great substitute from a heavy mayo-based spread. With fresh tomatoes and greens, it is a perfect, filling wrap. Great recipe, and something different to do with extra eggplant.
Grilled Eggplant Naan Wraps with Tahini-Yogurt Dressing
You may want to make extra, because leftovers are fantastic for lunch the next day.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 445
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 899mg
- Cholesterol: 3.8mg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large eggplant (1 lb.), sliced into 1/2-in. rounds
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces naan bread
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a small bowl, mix garlic, lemon juice, tahini, yogurt, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. Brush eggplant and tomatoes with oil. Grill, turning often, until softened and grill marks appear, about 6 minutes. Cut tomato wedges in half. Warm naan on grill.
- 3. Lay each naan on a plate and top with 1 1/2 cups spinach, a few slices eggplant, 4 tomato pieces, and a large spoonful of reserved yogurt mixture.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes