This was absolutely delicious! My husband, who is a light eater, cleaned his plate. He doesn't like asparagus, so I substituted green beans. They took longer than 2 minutes to cook, and I added a little wine for liquid. Next time, I'll partially steam the green beans before adding to the mushroom mixture. This is definitely a special dinner recipe.
Grilled Duck with Warm Mushroom Salad and Truffle Vinaigrette
Photo: Jan Smith
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Iron: 7.2mg
- Sodium: 434mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless duck breast halves, skinned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups thinly sliced cremini mushroom caps (about 5 ounces)
- 3/4 cup (1/4-inch) diagonally cut asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove duck from bag; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place duck on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove duck from grill; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Cut the duck across grain into thin slices.
- While duck stands, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus; sauté 2 minutes. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and truffle oil, stirring with a whisk. Arrange about 1/2 cup mushroom mixture in center of each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 sliced duck breast half. Drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons vinaigrette over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes