Delicious - use the freshest summer tomatoes you can find!
Grilled Double Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Our Test Kitchens staff loves this combination of hearty bread, juicy tomatoes, and two types of melted cheese. The fontina cheese and honey mustard put a new twist on a classic favorite.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.0g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Calcium: 266mg
- 4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 4 (1.1-ounce) slices seven-grain bread
- 2 (0.7-ounce) slices fat-free sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato (about 3 ounces)
- 2 (0.7-ounce) slices fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard on each of 4 bread slices; top each of 2 bread slices with 1 Cheddar cheese slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 fontina cheese slice. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat both sides of sandwiches with cooking spray. Place sandwiches in pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches