I normally don't like spicy foods, but this sauce had the perfect amount of spicy to satisfy my husband as well (he likes spicy food). Also gave me an excuse to finally get a nice food processor. :)))) I made this dinner with steamed carrots (garlic salt and a touch of cinnamon for seasoning) and sauteed zucchini as my carb (flavored with garlic salt, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and a bit of cinnamon). Both my husband and I really enjoyed this meal and will definitely be making it again.
Grilled Cumin Chicken with Fresh Tomatillo Sauce
Bring the heat of the southwest to the dinner table with a delicious take on the weeknight meal of grilled chicken. Serve with chipotle rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 40.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 pound tomatillos
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. Discard husks and stems from tomatillos. Combine tomatillos and broth in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cover and cook 8 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Combine tomatillos, cilantro, and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 4. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve with tomatillo sauce.
- Chipotle rice: Combine 1 cup long-grain rice and 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions and 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce. If you're drinking, pour a Mexican beer.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note