Grilled Cuban Sandwiches
Prep: 10 min., Grill: 10 min. This pressed sandwich uses a baking sheet and skillet to weigh it down on the grill. A panini press or indoor grill will also do the trick.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 (3-ounce) white sub rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 kosher pickle halves, sliced lengthwise into thirds
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli roast turkey
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 (1-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spread cut sides of each roll evenly with mustard. Layer bottom halves of rolls evenly with pickle slices and next 4 ingredients; top with remaining roll halves, pressing sandwiches together gently. Brush outside of rolls evenly with olive oil.
- Place sandwiches directly on cooking grate of grill, and top with a baking sheet. Place a heavy skillet on top of baking sheet. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and sandwich is browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes