Grilled Cornish Hens, German-Style
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 teaspoon(s) Cornish hens split
- 1/2 each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) coarse-grain German mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) German riesling
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- pinch(s) each of ground mace and ground cloves
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for indirect-heat grilling over medium heat. Meanwhile, carefully remove as much skin as possible from the hens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the glaze indredients (mustard through cloves) in a bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Cook the hen halves, bone side down, directly over the fire until lightly borwned. Move them to the cooler part of the grill grate; cover. Cook, turning at midpoint, 20 - 25 minutes. Prick a thigh with a fork to check for doneness. If the juices run clear, move the hen halves back over the fire; brush them on both sides with the glaze. Finsish them, turning often, until nicely browned on both sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note