The game hens turned out juicy and very tasty. Just be vigilant while grilling. The glaze if very sugary and will burn on the birds if you try cooking too hot or too long. We don't eat the skin so next time I'll try removing it and putting the glaze straight on the meat towards the end of the cooking time.
Grilled Cornish Game Hens with Apricot-Chipotle Glaze
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 4 Cornish game hens, split
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Apricot-Chipotle Glaze
- Rinse game hens with cold water, pat dry with paper towels, and set aside.
- Combine cider, salt, and peppercorns in a large bowl or heavy-duty zip-top freezer bag. Add game hens, and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Remove hens from marinade. Place on preheated grill at medium-low heat. Grill 30 to 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh registers 165°. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, reduce heat to low; brush hens with half of the Apricot-Chipotle Glaze. Brush with remaining glaze before serving.
- Note: Hens can be baked in an oven at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh registers 165°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Cornish Game Hens with Apricot-Chipotle Glaze Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This