Grilled Corn with Onion and Cheese
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 8 to 10 ears corn (about 3/4 lb. each)
- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- About 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup very thinly sliced onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Soak corn in water to cover at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 2. Remove 3 or 4 pieces of husk from 1 or 2 corn ears; tear these pieces lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips (you'll need at least 16 to 20 strips).
- 3. Pull back but don't remove the husk on each ear. Discard corn silk. Brush each ear lightly with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Pull husk up on 1 side of each ear and set husk-covered side on a flat surface. Arrange equal portions of onion slices on corn; pull remaining husk up to enclose onion and corn. Tie tip end of each ear with a husk strip (knot strips if pieces are too short). Tie another husk strip around center of each ear.
- 4. Lay corn on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning often, until corn is hot, about 20 minutes.
- 5. Pull open husks and season corn with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables