This wasn't the best salsa recipe I have found. Even though it has many different flavors, I thought it was bland and so did my husband. Needs a little more lime juice and salt to bring everything together.
Grilled Corn Salsa
More From Southern Living
Grill: 20 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 avocados
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Lightly coat corn cobs with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from grill; cool 15 minutes.
- 3. Hold each grilled cob upright on a cutting board; carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from cob. Discard cobs; place kernels in a large bowl. Gently stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve, if desired.
- 4. If chilled, let corn mixture stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Peel and chop avocados; toss with corn mixture just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This