Perfect BBQ side dish everyone will love. If you are searving at a party I would at least double if not triple the recipe. This made 4 small servings at most., in fact we split it between the 2 of us. Served with Johnsonville's Chipotle Chicken hot dogs.
Grilled Corn Poblano Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
Photo: Lisa Romerein; Styling: Karen Shinto
When cutting corn kernels from the cob, stand it in a bowl and slice down the cob's sides; the bowl corrals the flying kernels.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8 (makes 3 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 5.7g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 171mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 poblano chile
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup slivered sweet onion, rinsed, patted dry
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Rub corn and poblano with 1 tbsp. oil. Grill both, turning occasionally, until poblano is mostly blackened, 5 to 10 minutes, and some corn kernels have browned, 10 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. Cut corn kernels from cobs into a large bowl. Peel and seed poblano, cut into 1/2-in. pieces, and add to corn. In a small bowl, whisk remaining oil with lime juice, chipotle chile, and salt.
- 3. Stir avocado, cilantro, and onion into corn mixture along with chipotle dressing.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads