This is a stellar recipe! The sweet corn and spicy jalapenos are a nice mix, the warm veggies and cold crab compliment each other and the dressing is not too much but enough to give everything a nice finish. Bonus? The hubs loved it too! Will definitely be making this again.
Grilled Corn, Crab, and Asparagus Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 367mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Place corn on grill rack; grill 20 minutes or until here-and-there charred, turning occasionally. Place in a large bowl; cover with foil. Leave in a warm location 10 minutes.
- 3. Place asparagus on grill rack, and grill 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, carefully turning occasionally.
- 4. Cut corn kernels off cobs, encouraging clusters to stay intact, if possible. Cut grilled asparagus into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 5. Combine onion, jalapeño, chives, cream, tarragon, vinegar, black pepper, salt, and garlic in a large bowl. Add asparagus and corn; toss gently to coat. Gently fold in crabmeat. Serve warm.
- VARIATION Grilled Corn, Chicken, and Bell Pepper Salad: Sub 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded, for asparagus. Grill 4 minutes on each side; cut into 1-inch pieces. Sub 2 (1/2-inch) onion slices for diced onion. Grill 3 minutes on each side; chop. Sub oregano for tarragon. Sub 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar for white wine vinegar. Sub 6 ounces shredded skinless rotisserie chicken (dark and white meat) for crab. SERVES 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 233; FAT 8.8g (sat 3.8g); SODIUM 314mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine