1. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place corn on grill rack; grill 20 minutes or until here-and-there charred, turning occasionally. Place in a large bowl; cover with foil. Leave in a warm location 10 minutes.
3. Place asparagus on grill rack, and grill 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, carefully turning occasionally.
4. Cut corn kernels off cobs, encouraging clusters to stay intact, if possible. Cut grilled asparagus into 3/4-inch pieces.
5. Combine onion, jalapeño, chives, cream, tarragon, vinegar, black pepper, salt, and garlic in a large bowl. Add asparagus and corn; toss gently to coat. Gently fold in crabmeat. Serve warm.
VARIATION Grilled Corn, Chicken, and Bell Pepper Salad: Sub 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded, for asparagus. Grill 4 minutes on each side; cut into 1-inch pieces. Sub 2 (1/2-inch) onion slices for diced onion. Grill 3 minutes on each side; chop. Sub oregano for tarragon. Sub 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar for white wine vinegar. Sub 6 ounces shredded skinless rotisserie chicken (dark and white meat) for crab. SERVES 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 233; FAT 8.8g (sat 3.8g); SODIUM 314mg