Grilled Corn-and-Butter Bean Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen butter beans*
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thick rings
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1. Cook butter beans according to package directions; drain and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes. (Some kernels will begin to char and pop.) At the same time, grill onion and bell pepper, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool all vegetables completely (about 20 minutes).
- 3. Cut kernels from cobs. Discard cobs. Chop onion and bell pepper into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 4. Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients. Stir in tomatoes, corn kernels, and onion and pepper pieces. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill 2 to 8 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- *Fresh butter beans may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads