Grilled corn and Chipotle Soup
Community Recipe from
- 6 ear(s) Corn
- 2-3 Chipotle Peppers
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions Diced
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 dash(es) White pepper
- 1 dash(es) ground cumin
- Grille corn. Remove the corn to a cutting board and scrape off all the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Divide the corn in half, then divide one of these halves in half (you will use third for garnish).
- In a blender or food processor, combine half of the corn with the onions, chiles, spices and about half the water. Pulse briefly until a coarse paste is achieved; add more of the water as needed to blend, but try not to over blend as you want a few chunks left.
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients except the grilled corn set aside for garnish and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. The soup needs to cook down about half to thicken and reach it's richest flavor and thick texture.
- Combine the reserved grilled corn with 1 tbsp diced green bell pepper, 1 tbsp diced red pepper, 1/8 tsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 tsp honey. Sprinkle with a little salt. Allow to rest at least an hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sandykaye and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes