Grilled corn and Chipotle Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 ear(s) Corn
- 2-3 Chipotle Peppers
- 1/4 cup(s) red onions Diced
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 dash(es) White pepper
- 1 dash(es) ground cumin
- Grille corn. Remove the corn to a cutting board and scrape off all the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Divide the corn in half, then divide one of these halves in half (you will use third for garnish).
- In a blender or food processor, combine half of the corn with the onions, chiles, spices and about half the water. Pulse briefly until a coarse paste is achieved; add more of the water as needed to blend, but try not to over blend as you want a few chunks left.
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients except the grilled corn set aside for garnish and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. The soup needs to cook down about half to thicken and reach it's richest flavor and thick texture.
- Combine the reserved grilled corn with 1 tbsp diced green bell pepper, 1 tbsp diced red pepper, 1/8 tsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 tsp honey. Sprinkle with a little salt. Allow to rest at least an hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sandykaye and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note