Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad
From Southern Living Magazine, this is a delicious summer salad. Please note that fresh butter beans can be substituted for frozen beans.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (16oz) package(s) frozen butter beans
- 4 ear(s) fresh corn husks removed
- 1 large red onion thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cut in thick rings
- 3/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove(s) garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes halved
- 1. Cook butter beans according to package directions; drain and cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium high heat, around 350-400 degrees. Grill the corn, covered with the grill lid, 15 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes. (Some kernels will begin to char and pop). At the same time, grill the onion and bell pepper slices, covered with the grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool all vegetables completely, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Cut kernels from cobs. Discard the cobs.
- 4. Stir together the mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients. Stir in the tomatoes, corn kernels, onion and pepper pieces. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill 2 to 8 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Corn and Butter Bean Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads