delicious.looks mighty tasty. i think that the recipe is very apporitate for a special sweetheart breakfast.
Grilled Chocolate Sweetheart
Van Chaplin; Rebecca Kracke Gordon
Yield: Makes 1 serving
More From Southern Living
- 2 (0.375-oz.) good-quality chocolate squares
- 2 slices white bread
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- Powdered sugar
- Garnish: raspberries
- Place chocolate squares between 2 white bread slices; brush both sides of sandwich with 1 1/2 tsp. melted butter. Cook in a hot nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 30 to 60 seconds on each side or until chocolate is melted and bread is golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.
- Cut bread into heart or other desired shape before filling with chocolate and cooking.
- For testing purposes, we used thin squares that would melt quickly and evenly, such as Ghirardelli 60% Cacao SQUARES Dark Chocolate, Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate With Caramelized Almonds SQUARES, and Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Extra Fine Squares.
- Other good fillings include raspberry jam, marshmallow cream, toasted pecans, peanut butter, and sliced bananas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note