Grilled Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs
Photo: Con Poulos; Styling: Deborah Williams
More From Coastal Living
Marinate: 1 Hour
- 18 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch chunks, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine), white wine, or dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Place 1 cup pineapple chunks in a blender with 1 tablespoon water; puree. Combine 3 tablespoons pineapple puree with soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. (Save remaining puree for sauce.) Add pork, and marinate 1 hour. (Do not marinate longer.)
- 3. Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with peppers, onion, and remaining pineapple.
- 4. Grill kabobs on greased grill rack over medium heat (325° to 350°) for 5 minutes. Brush kabobs with Sweet and Sour Sauce, and grill 5 minutes or until done. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes