Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Sandwich
Although you can use both light and dark meat on this sandwich, it's best with breast meat. To kick-start lunch preparation, cook the zucchini on the grill while you're cooking the chicken; you can even assemble the sandwich the night before.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 351
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise (about 12 ounces)
- 1 (8-ounce) package plain focaccia, cut in half horizontally
- 2 ounces thinly sliced sharp provolone cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced skinless, boneless Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush olive oil evenly over both sides of zucchini slices. Place half of zucchini on grill rack or grill pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill or grill pan. Repeat procedure with remaining zucchini.
- Layer bottom half of focaccia with cheese, zucchini, mayonnaise mixture, Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken, bell peppers, and top half of focaccia. Cut into four wedges. Wrap in foil or parchment paper; chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note