Grilled Chicken & Yam Sandwhich
A Chicken Breast Sandwich with a sweet twist. A perfect Lunch or even an easy dinner option for a more interesting sandwich.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Chicken Breast Baked or Grilled
- 1/2 whole(s) Yam or Sweet Potato Boiled
- 2 slice(s) Whole Wheat Bread (I recommend Seduction bread from Whole Foods) Toated
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 spear(s) Roman Lettuce
- 4 tablespoon(s) Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper Cracked
- Chicken Breast:
- You can either bake the breast in the oven at 400F for about 25 minutes or grill it with olive oil until thoroughly cooked. Feel free to season the breast however you please.
- Yam or Sweet Potato:
- Prepare a pot of boiled water. Once the water boils, put in the Yam or Sweet Potato and depending on it side it can take anywhere from 30-4o minutes to fully cook.
- Once the meat and Yams are prepared begin preparing the sandwich. On each slice of toasted bread dab 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt, proceed by spreading completely. On each slice add the garlic powder, half on each side. On on slice (the bottom of the sandwich) add the chicken breast preferably sliced. Then add about two thick sliced medallions of the Yam or Sweet Potato on top of the chicken. Sprinkle Blue cheese over the Yams or Sweet Potato and then add crushed pepper. Place the Romaine Lettuce on top and close the sandwich with the top slice of bread. Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy with a class of milk!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aemuzio and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note