Eek! I only added 1/4t of black pepper (2.5 teaspoons were recommended), and it was plenty. That's a LOT of pepper between four people. However, if I ignore what must be a typo (unless this is really a "Black Pepper Chicken Wrap"), it's not bad. But as written, a lot of people would have to throw it in the food-waste bin and order a pizza.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.4g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 802mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/2 cup canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons bread-and-butter pickle juice
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 4 light flatbread sandwich wraps (such as Flatout Light Original)
- 4 sandwich-cut bread-and-butter pickles
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring well. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, cabbage, and pickle juice in a medium bowl; toss.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cool; shred chicken. Combine chicken and mayonnaise mixture in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Place one flatbread on each of 4 plates; divide chicken mixture evenly among flatbreads. Top each serving with about 1/4 cup cabbage mixture and 1 pickle; roll up. Cut each wrap in half diagonally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note