The rub flavor was not that distinctive. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good. I would not make this again.
Grilled Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce
Instead of covering grilled chicken in a sweet, tomato-based barbecue sauce, try this Southern-style tangy mayonnaise-based white sauce and you may never go back to the red stuff.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Grill: 20 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 chicken thighs (about 3 lb.)*
- White Barbecue Sauce
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients. Rinse chicken, and pat dry; rub mixture evenly over chicken. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 hours. Remove chicken from bag, discarding bag.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°. Serve with White Barbecue Sauce.
- *4 chicken leg quarters (about 3 lb.) may be substituted for chicken thighs. Increase cooking time to 20 to 25 minutes on each side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note