The rub flavor was not that distinctive. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good. I would not make this again.
Grilled Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Grill: 20 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 chicken thighs (about 3 lb.)*
- White Barbecue Sauce
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients. Rinse chicken, and pat dry; rub mixture evenly over chicken. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 hours. Remove chicken from bag, discarding bag.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°. Serve with White Barbecue Sauce.
- *4 chicken leg quarters (about 3 lb.) may be substituted for chicken thighs. Increase cooking time to 20 to 25 minutes on each side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This