This recipe is very good however after reading all of the reviews and looking at other white barbecue sauce recipes online, I decided to change the white barbecue sauce just a little. This is how I made it- 1/2 cup light mayo, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, dash of salt , and 1/2 to 1 full packet of splenda. I used half, and it was perfect for me. The chicken rub is delicious and with the changes I made to the sauce, I will definitely be making this dish again.
Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce
The chicken is seared over direct heat then moved to the cooler side of the grill. If using a charcoal grill, stack the coals on the right side of the grill.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 breast half and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 536mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 8 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Preheat grill to medium-hot using both burners.
- To prepare chicken, loosen skin from breasts by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine salt and next 4 ingredients (salt through chile powder); rub under loosened skin.
- Turn left burner off (leave right burner on). Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill rack over right burner; grill 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Move chicken to grill rack over left burner. Cover and cook 35 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove chicken from grill; discard skin.
- To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes