This recipe is very good however after reading all of the reviews and looking at other white barbecue sauce recipes online, I decided to change the white barbecue sauce just a little. This is how I made it- 1/2 cup light mayo, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, dash of salt , and 1/2 to 1 full packet of splenda. I used half, and it was perfect for me. The chicken rub is delicious and with the changes I made to the sauce, I will definitely be making this dish again.
Grilled Chicken with White Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
The chicken is seared over direct heat then moved to the cooler side of the grill. If using a charcoal grill, stack the coals on the right side of the grill.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 breast half and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 536mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 8 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Preheat grill to medium-hot using both burners.
- To prepare chicken, loosen skin from breasts by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine salt and next 4 ingredients (salt through chile powder); rub under loosened skin.
- Turn left burner off (leave right burner on). Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill rack over right burner; grill 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Move chicken to grill rack over left burner. Cover and cook 35 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove chicken from grill; discard skin.
- To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes