Excellent- sauce had amazing flavor (used honey jack Daniels)
Grilled Chicken with Whiskey-Ginger Marinade
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
The chicken browns over the hottest part of the grill (direct heat), then moves to the cooler side (indirect heat) to finish. The result: tender chicken, perfectly cooked.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, about 1 tablespoon sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bourbon and next 9 ingredients (bourbon through garlic). Reserve 1/3 cup marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-hot using both burners.
- Turn left burner off (leave right burner on). Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill rack over right burner; grill 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Move chicken to grill rack over left burner. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until done. Slice each breast diagonally into thin strips; place chicken on a platter. Cover loosely with foil.
- Combine water and cornstarch, stirring well with a whisk. Place reserved 1/3 cup marinade in a small saucepan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Drizzle sauce over chicken; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note