This was just OK. There are much better thigh recipes (Honey brushed thighs also a cooking light recipe), The tomato salad was ok--nothing special except that it was easy to make. Will not make again.
Grilled Chicken with Tomato Salad
Sweet grape tomatoes work well in this summer salad, but you can use yellow pear or cherry tomatoes, as well.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and about 1/3 cup salad)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 351
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 52.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 220mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 chicken thighs (about 3 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare chicken, combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 9 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prepare salad, combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes