Grilled Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salad from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) cider vingar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 (6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 2 ear(s) yellow corn shucked
- 1 small red onion cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes cut into 8 slices
- 2 red tomatoes cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled & sliced
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine 1st 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Chill buttermilk mixture until ready to serve.
- 3. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, cumin, 1/2 tsp. salt, & chipotle; rub evenly on chicken. Coat corn & onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, corn & onion on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until done, turning chicken & onion once & the corn occasionally. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- 4. Slice chicken. Arrange 1 breast on each of 4 plates. Arrange 2 yellow & 2 red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide corn, onion & avocado evenly among plates. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. salt over salads. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salad from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes