Grilled Chicken With Sweet Soy Slaw and Dipping Sauce
The dipping sauce will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for several weeks. Warm sauce over medium-low heat on stove before serving. Use as a marinade on steaks or shrimp too.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 pieces crystallized ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 (12-ounce) packages broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar. Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. (Mixture will thicken.) Reserve 1 1/2 cups soy mixture, and set aside.
- Brush both sides of chicken evenly with remaining soy mixture; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Toss together broccoli slaw, green onions, sesame seeds, and 1/2 cup reserved soy mixture; top with grilled chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with remaining reserved 1 cup soy mixture for dipping.
- Grilled Salmon With Sweet Soy Slaw and Dipping Sauce: Substitute 6 (4-ounce) salmon fillets for chicken, and grill 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note