Grilled Chicken With Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber-Radish Salad
This radish side salad is a must-make for your next grilling night in. Slicing the veggies thinly helps the flavor of the dressing to soak into every bite.
More From Health
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 287mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 radishes, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Combine the cucumber, radish, and red onion in a medium bowl. Whisk together the next 4 ingredients (through salt) in small bowl until sugar is dissolved; pour over vegetables, and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Prepare grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- 3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken, and pat into flesh. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature is at least 165°. Serve chicken with a side of the cucumber salad.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This