Fast, easy and tasty. Perfect for a light lunch
Grilled Chicken With Spicy Cherry Sauce
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes. You can make the cherry sauce with either fresh or frozen berries.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup cherry sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped pitted sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1. Prepare the grill. Then lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- 2. Lightly crush cherries in a small saucepan. Add the wine or water and next 6 ingredients (through preserves). Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- 3. Grill the chicken, covered, for 4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with cherry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note