Grilled Chicken With Spicy Cherry Sauce
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes. You can make the cherry sauce with either fresh or frozen berries.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup cherry sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped pitted sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1. Prepare the grill. Then lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- 2. Lightly crush cherries in a small saucepan. Add the wine or water and next 6 ingredients (through preserves). Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- 3. Grill the chicken, covered, for 4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with cherry sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes