Grilled Chicken With Speedy BBQ Sauce
Andrea's wine pick: All you need for zesty barbecue is an equally zesty, spicy red blend of grenache, syrah, and mourvédre. Look for Rosemount Estate Epicurean Collection GSM from Australia, $24.99.
More From Health
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill.
- 2. Warm the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and green pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring, until softened. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook for 3 minutes to warm through and blend flavors, stirring often.
- 3. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine the chicken and 1 cup of the sauce in a large zip-top plastic bag; flip to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 4. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard remaining marinade and bag. Place the chicken on an oiled grill over medium-hot coals; cook 12 minutes, turning once. Serve chicken with the remaining barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note