Grilled Chicken with Marsala-Currant Cream Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1 1/2 cups dry Marsala wine, divided
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 4 1/4 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leek
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine 1/4 cup wine, mushrooms, and currants in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and shallots; sauté 10 minutes. Add remaining wine and remaining broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Combine milk and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until blended. Add milk mixture and mushroom mixture to skillet; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice and salt; set aside, and keep warm.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Spoon cream sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note