This recipe is tasty, easy, looks great on the plate, and best of all everyone I have served it to raves about it.
Grilled Chicken with Italian Salsa
Make a simple salsa with fresh tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar and a splash of orange juice, and spoon it over grilled herbed-marinated chicken breasts.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 41.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 2 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- To prepare chicken, preheat grill.
- Combine oregano and next 10 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note