Grilled Chicken with Honey-Chipotle BBQ Sauce from Cooking Light
You can also use 8 thighs or 8 drumsticks or 4 pieces of each; cook about 10 minutes per side.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) minced shallot
- 1/2 cup(s) lower-sodium ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vingar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken leg-thigh quarters skin removed
- cooking spray
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add shallots, saute 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in ketchup, next 5 ingredients (through chile powder) & 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cumin & black pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 15 minutes on each side or until done. Baste chicken generously with sauce; turn over& grill 1 minute. Baste again; turn over, & grill 1 minute. Serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Chicken with Honey-Chipotle BBQ Sauce from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes