I was looking for a quick chicken dish with salsa and happened upon this recipe. I cheated and used jarred mango salsa. The chicken was very tasty.
Grilled Chicken with Fruit Salsa
Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic to make a kickin' marinade for grilled chicken. Fruit salsa adds sweetness and crunch to this tropical dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 40.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped orange sections
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- To prepare chicken, combine the juice, soy sauce, ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- To prepare salsa, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients, tossing gently. Serve with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note