Great recipe, quick and easy and I prepared on an indoor grill. I don't care for vinegary slaw, so I used the extra mayonaise mixture in the slaw. I would go easy on the olive oil also. ate leftovers for lunch the next day, tasty!
Grilled Chicken With Corn and Slaw
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine mayonnaise, cilantro, 3 Tbsp. vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup mayonnaise mixture. Brush chicken with remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chicken and corn at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill chicken 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until done; grill corn 14 to 20 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes and basting with melted butter.
- 3. Toss coleslaw mix with oil, sugar, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining 3 Tbsp. vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Season chicken and corn with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with coleslaw and reserved mayonnaise mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note