Great recipe, quick and easy and I prepared on an indoor grill. I don't care for vinegary slaw, so I used the extra mayonaise mixture in the slaw. I would go easy on the olive oil also. ate leftovers for lunch the next day, tasty!
Grilled Chicken With Corn and Slaw
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine mayonnaise, cilantro, 3 Tbsp. vinegar, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup mayonnaise mixture. Brush chicken with remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill chicken and corn at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill chicken 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until done; grill corn 14 to 20 minutes or until done, turning every 4 to 5 minutes and basting with melted butter.
- 3. Toss coleslaw mix with oil, sugar, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining 3 Tbsp. vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt. Season chicken and corn with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with coleslaw and reserved mayonnaise mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes