Wonderful. We've had this twice now and I don't know why nobody's tried it yet. It's down-home enough for cssual dining yet elegant enough to serve with a glass of wine. I brined the chicken a bit to give it some extra flavor, and served it first with corn on the cob and roasted broccoli, then with a spinach salad and popovers. I love stuffed chicken breasts and this recipe will go into our permanent rotation.
Grilled Chicken with Cherries and Goat Cheese
More From Allyou
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lb.)
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese with herbs
- 1/2 cup Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh cherries, stemmed and pitted, plus more cherries for garnish
- Cut a horizontal slit in center of each chicken breast, cutting in as far as possible without cutting through, to make a pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese and Neufchâtel cheese. Stuff cheese mixture into each breast, pressing mixture evenly with fingers. Insert about 7 cherries into each breast and then secure opening with toothpicks to prevent leaking during cooking.
- Preheat grill or grease a grill pan and heat over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, turning once. Remove toothpicks before serving. Garnish with fresh cherries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes