Loved this. Turned it into a vegetarian dish by subbing 1 can of black beans for the chicken and using smoked spanish paprika as many others have suggested. The smoky flavor really gives it a meaty feel. Did not have a grill, so sauteed the veggies and spices in olive oil, then added the beans and cooked until heated. Made the rest as directed. Served with Cholula Chipotle hot sauce and small dollop of creme fraiche. Divine.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 20.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 552mg
- Calcium: 228mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub paprika mixture evenly over chicken; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Arrange chicken, onion, and bell pepper on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook vegetables 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken and vegetables from grill; coarsely chop vegetables. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; thinly slice chicken.
- 4. Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; divide vegetables and chicken evenly over cheese. Fold each tortilla in half over filling; lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- 5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 2 wedges; serve with sour cream.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note