Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Hero
More From Health
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 4 (4-oz) chicken cutlets
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-oz) red or orange bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small (4-oz) zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small (5-oz) eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 (3-oz) whole-wheat hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons store-bought olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rub chicken with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch each salt and pepper; grill 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- 2. Toss cut vegetables with remaining 2 tsp oil and a pinch each salt and pepper; grill 5 to 7 minutes per side until tender.
- 3. Slice chicken. Spread rolls with tapenade, and fill with chicken, vegetables, and basil, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note