- 4 (4-oz) chicken cutlets
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-oz) red or orange bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small (4-oz) zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small (5-oz) eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 (3-oz) whole-wheat hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons store-bought olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- calories 377
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 514 mg
- calcium 122 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rub chicken with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch each salt and pepper; grill 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Toss cut vegetables with remaining 2 tsp oil and a pinch each salt and pepper; grill 5 to 7 minutes per side until tender.
Slice chicken. Spread rolls with tapenade, and fill with chicken, vegetables, and basil, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.