I make my own taco seasoning ever since Pace stopped making theirs. Cotija cheese is much more appropriate than feta. Don't skip the pepitas; they really add a great nutty, earthy flavor.
Grilled Chicken Tostadas
Pile grilled chicken, feta cheese, refried beans, and homemade slaw on top of a crunchy tortilla shell for a simple dinner that's ready in a hurry.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 tostada)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 844mg
- Calcium: 221mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon 40% less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 cups packaged coleslaw
- 1 (7-ounce) can green salsa
- 4 cups chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted (optional)
- Prepare grill, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with juice; sprinkle with seasoning and sugar. Place chicken on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cool slightly. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips; set aside. Place tortillas on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine coleslaw and salsa; toss to coat. Combine tomato and olives; toss gently.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons beans over each tortilla; divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Top each serving with about 2/3 cup slaw mixture, 2/3 cup tomato mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pumpkinseeds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note