This is one of my favorite recipes! I make it without mixing the slaw & salsa ( red salsa is good too). It is great with cilantro & diced avocado mixed and 2 tblsp on top. We also have substituted the feta cheese with low fat sharp cheddar cheese. Have made recipe as it is written and also with substitutes because of my kids not liking feta or slaw mix.
Grilled Chicken Tostadas
Pile grilled chicken, feta cheese, refried beans, and homemade slaw on top of a crunchy tortilla shell for a simple dinner that's ready in a hurry.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 tostada)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 844mg
- Calcium: 221mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon 40% less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 cups packaged coleslaw
- 1 (7-ounce) can green salsa
- 4 cups chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted (optional)
- Prepare grill, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with juice; sprinkle with seasoning and sugar. Place chicken on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Cool slightly. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips; set aside. Place tortillas on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown.
- Combine coleslaw and salsa; toss to coat. Combine tomato and olives; toss gently.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons beans over each tortilla; divide chicken evenly among tortillas. Top each serving with about 2/3 cup slaw mixture, 2/3 cup tomato mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 2 teaspoons cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons pumpkinseeds, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes