Quick, easy, and delicious. I sprinkled the chicken breasts with garlic salt, pepper, and herb de provence before grilling them. DD doesn't like kalamatas or goat cheese so she subbed shredded cheddar on her salad. Garlic bread twists are a nice accompaniment.
Grilled Chicken and Tomato Salad
This salad recipe may sound ordinary, but you’ll think otherwise once you taste the fresh produce and flavorful goat cheese in every bite.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 15.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 581mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 5 cups arugula
- 1 cup halved multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar salad dressing, divided
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine arugula, tomatoes, onion, 3 tablespoons dressing, and olives; toss gently. Arrange about 1 cup salad on each of 4 plates; top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Brush chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon dressing. Cut chicken into slices. Arrange 1 sliced chicken breast half on each salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note