The chicken was pretty good and easy to make, the relish was excellent. I made extra relish and ate it the next day with chips.
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn, and Bell Pepper Relish
Perfect for summer cookouts, this grilled chicken recipe boasts phenomenal flavors from its savory-sweet relish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve relish over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes