The chicken was pretty good and easy to make, the relish was excellent. I made extra relish and ate it the next day with chips.
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn, and Bell Pepper Relish
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve relish over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes