Grilled Chicken Thighs
If your grill has only one burner, like the two portables we tested, you'll want to follow the directions in our note at the end of the recipe for cooking the chicken directly over the heat.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Grill: 1 Hour
- 1 (24-ounce) bottle mojo criollo Spanish marinating sauce
- 1 (19-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- Garnishes: fresh parsley sprigs, orange slices
- Combine sauces in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Light one side of grill, heating to high heat (400° to 500°); leave other side unlit. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Arrange chicken thighs, skin side up, on unlit side of grill, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note