- 3 tablespoons grated fresh onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- calories 331
- fat 24 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 11.8 g
- polyfat 5.5 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 135 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 332 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; stir in 2 tablespoons oil and 1 3/4 teaspoons cumin. Add chicken to bag, seal, and massage marinade into chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from bag. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side.
Combine cilantro, mint, onions, and jalapeño in a food processor. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth. Serve chicken topped with chutney.