Grilled Chicken and Swiss Panini
Smoked turkey and ham make tasty substitutes for the smoked chicken in these pressed Italian sandwiches.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.6g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 796mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Calcium: 253mg
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked chicken breast
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 4 (0.5-ounce) slices very thin white bread
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Divide chicken and cheese evenly between 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Coat tops of sandwiches with cooking spray. Place sandwiches, coated sides down, in a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat tops of sandwiches with cooking spray. Place a piece of foil over sandwiches in pan; place a heavy skillet on top of foil to press sandwiches. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn sandwiches over; replace foil and heavy skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut sandwiches in half, and serve immediately.
- Note: We used a smaller skillet weighted with 2 canned goods to press the sandwiches, but a cast-iron skillet would also do the trick.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note